As far as I can remember I have always loved nail polish and the idea of colouring my nails ;). Unfortunately, it’s still impossible to find organic nail polish – Some are better than others but there is always a nice chemical somewhere in the list of ingredients ;).
Determined not to used any regular highstreet products I started browsing the net for cruelty-free nail polish about a year ago. I finally found the “Couleur Caramel” range and I have been very happy with their products.
– All their products are certified by One Voice, i.e. not tested on animals – I will publish an article on cruelty free and organic labels soon
– More than 30 colours available
– Attractive eco-friendly packaging
– Good wear – for about 4-5 days
– Paraben free, toluene free, colophane free and formol free
– Relatively cheap (About €9)
– Their range is wide but they do not produce any flashy colours (blue, barbie pink, etc.) – I guess they are more difficult (impossible?) to make using natural ingredients.
– They are not available in Ireland and the UK yet (do not deliver parcels to these countries either). However, their makeup is widely available in France and the USA.
Anyone knows a shop that sells cruelty free nail polish in Ireland?
With regards to natural nail polish remover, I have been using the “Sante Naturkosmetik” nail polish remover for the last 7 months and really love it.
It has the BDIH “Certified Natural Cosmetic” seal, smells nice and even removes regular nail polish. You can buy it in Dublin at Down to Earth (about €7).
Finally, if you wish to get your nails professionaly done but do not want too many chemicals on your hands :), I would recommend your self centre (Dublin) as they only use vegan treatments.
Once again, if anyone knows where to buy cruelty free nail polish in Irelan please email me!