Deodorants are probably not the sexiest topic but as most of them contain a coktail of chemicals that’s worth avoiding I would like to give you a list of my favorite natural deodorants – all of them are available in Dublin.
A must have for anyone that want to live a greener life is alum stone (or chrystal deodorant). Chrystal deodorant is made from natural mineral salts and is odourless.
- As it does not clogged pores it does not block the elimination of toxins
- No aluminium clorohydrate
- Alcohol free
- As chrystal deodorants are odourless they do not interact with your favourite fragrance – I will publish an article on organic/natural perfumes soon
- Eco-friendly: They last for ages (approx. 2 years) and most of them come with none or little packaging
- It does not cover up body odour but eliminates the bacteria which cause it
- They break quite easily: Do not drop them!
- Some work better than other – I find PitRock ones (about €7) quite good* but you may have to try several brands to find a chrystal dedorant that suits you
- You can only use them wet and are not really practical at work or at a party
* I really like the fact that you can buy it as a chrystal, without any plastic box
Tips: You can also use it on your face to dry out spots – It works very well but you should not do it too often as it really makes your skin drier.
As I don’t find Chrystal deodorants very practical on a day out, I always have a small Weleda deodorant (30ml – approx. €6) in my bag. I have used Weleda’s products for 7 years and I just love them: a real organic company (no green washing) and very nice eco-friendly packaging.
- 3 lovely fragrances: Citrus, Sage and Wilde Rose
- A nice glass spray bottle that you can reuse to make your own fragrance, etc.
- A small bottle – perfect for your handbag 😉
- I don’t see any
Finally, you can also use lavender essential oil as a deodorant as it is one of the only essential oil that you can put directly on your skin – just put a few drops on your skin.
I would also like to try making my own natural deodorant in the near future (mixing essential oils, etc.) – I will add a post on own made natural deodorant soon but if you know any good recipe please share it with me!