Just a quick post to introduce you to a new recipe that I have tested this week: Lentil / Mushroom pâté. It makes a perfect starter served with a salad. Enjoy!
200 grams of green lentils
500 grams of mushrooms
5 garlic cloves
chopped persley (2 table spoons)
olive oil (2 table spoons)
a pinch of thyme
- Cook the lentils till tender
- Chopped the onions and 1/2 of the mushrooms i.e. 250 grams
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When warm, add the onions & the mushrooms (chopped and unchopped).
- Mash the lentils with a fork and add it to the mushrooms and onions
- Add the chopped garlic cloves, parsley, thyme and two table spoons of olive oil
- Season with salt & pepper. Add some flour to obtain a thick dough.
- Pour the dough into a tin and add some bread crumbs at the top
- Bake it for 45 min. (180 degrees)
- Serve it cold with a seasonal salad. Bon appetit!
Tip: Coffee grinders are perfect to grind bread crumbs (and seeds).
I got mine for €12 at the Dublin flea market and it’s one of my best buy of the year. A lovely Moulinex coffee grinders from the 70’s – still working perfectly fine! My grandma had exactly the same and I just couldn’t resist…